Wednesday, February 5, 2020

CHEF APPROVED FOOD FAVORITES FROM DISNEYLAND AND CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE - Part Three

Welcome back to Disney School! 

Class is back in session. Did you catch Part One & Part Two? You can totally go out of order, but make sure you don't miss them!

Now it's time to go over DISNEY FOOD. Half of the reason I get SO excited to go to Disneyland is because of the food. For YEARS I just stuck to the Disneyland basics but OMG.
I was totally selling myself short! There are SO many options to choose from. I still have a list of things to try.

Here is a compiled list of EVERYTHING Justin & I have eaten at Disneyland / California Adventure.
Most are a YES but some are a skip. Read through and make a list of the ones you HAVE to hit next trip. If it has a *MB next to it, you're in luck!
You can mobile order on your phone and you don't need to wait in the standard line. SCORE!



CORN DOG


Price: $9.79 for a Corn Dog + a bag of Lays chips OR Apples
Location: Disneyland (Cart outside of Tomorrowland) & California Adventure (next to Goofy's Sky School on Pixar Pier)
Eat or Skip: EAT EAT EAT 


You have probably heard about the corn dogs at Disneyland. They are simply...delicious. 
The batter around the dog is so fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. 
When I was a amatur food eater, I ate a corndog every day, sometimes twice lol. 
I only have one a trip now, but I never miss it. 

PRO TIP: You can buy the dog a la carte. Save $2.50 by skipping the apples or chips. 



CHURRO


Price: $4.99
Location: Disneyland  & California Adventure - Carts everywhere
Eat or Skip: Eat 

Clearly I'm starting with the classics here. Churros are classics. I'm not a huge sweets person (I want salt and bread and cheese) but Justin and I always split one of these. 

Pro Tip: There are SO MANY different kinds of churros. I've only had plain. 
But check out this blog post on 10 specialty churros at DL & CA.



DOLE WHIP


Price: $5.99 for the Dole Whip or $6.79 for the float 
Location: Disneyland (In the Tiki room area at the beginning of Adventureland)
Eat or Skip: Eat...especially if its hot outside. 
MB*

The most refreshing treat at Disney. The float is the same thing, just with pineapple juice with it. 
I never miss out on these.

The Plaza Inn



Fried Chicken Meal (They have a few dinner options)

Price: $18.49
Location: Disneyland (Right past Main Street on the right)
Eat or Skip: Eat!
Walk up Buffett

I love this dinner meal. The fried chicken is incredible (and I know fried chicken). Its BIG portions, so depending on how hungry you are, you could split it! 

The Bengal Barbeque


Price: $16.99 for the Bengal Rice Plate 
Location: Disneyland (In Adventureland across from Jungle Cruise)
Eat or Skip: EAT! 
MB*

We had this at like 9am on our second day and we talked about it ALL DAY. It was so delicious. Skip the chicken and get the pork belly omg. Justin loved the spicy beef as well. 
The rice and slaw were the perfect addition. 



Price: $3.99 for the Tiger Tail
Location: Disneyland (In Adventureland across from Jungle Cruise)
Eat or Skip: Skip
MB*

Looks good...so dry. Disney cannot get cheesy bread right lol.


French Market 



Corn Chowder


Price: $11.49
Location: Disneyland (In between Pirates and Haunted Mansion, by the Railroad)
Eat or Skip: Skip sadly...go for the CLAM chowder
Cafeteria style restaurant where your order then seat yourself. 

I used to always get this and Justin would tease me because it's mostly just a lot of corn. Lol
Skip this and go for the clam chowder, mentioned below.



Shrimp Po Boy 

Price: $13.99
Location: Disneyland (In between Pirates and Haunted Mansion, by the Railroad)
Eat or Skip: Eat, yum.
Cafeteria style restaurant where your order then seat yourself. 

This hit the spot when I had lunch here. The shrimp is delicious and it's not too heavy. They give you way too many chips but can't complain about that.




French Dip Sandwich 

Price: $14.49
Location: Disneyland (In between Pirates and Haunted Mansion, by the Railroad)
Eat or Skip: Justin says eat.
Cafeteria style restaurant where your order then seat yourself. 

Anywhere we go, if there is a French Dip, Justin will get it. He tried this two trips ago and like it but didn't order it again this trip. Proceed with caution. Lol




Beef Stew 


Price: $11.49
Location: Disneyland (In between Pirates and Haunted Mansion, by the Railroad)
Eat or Skip: Skip
Cafeteria style restaurant where your order then seat yourself. 

It's not bad at all. It's just a basic beef stew. Go for something more exciting.



CLAM Chowder



CLAM Chowder

Price: $11.49
Location: Disneyland AND California Adventure (Royal Street Verdana in New Orleans Square, by Pirates OR on the Pacific Pier by Pixar Pier)
Eat or Skip: EATTTTTTTT
MB*

We got a total of 3 of these this last trip. Absolutely delicious.
And in a sourdough bowl? Bless.

Mint Julep Bar 



Mickey Beignets

Price: $3.99 for a 3/pack OR $8.49 for a 8/pack
Location: Disneyland (Attached to the French Market on the backside by the restrooms)
Eat or Skip: EATTTTTTTT
MB* (The line is always so long..MOBILE ORDER)

My moms favorite. She had like 3 lol. And wanted more. These are a classic I tried for the first time this trip and boy, they are now a must.

 

Mint Julep

Price: $4.49
Location: Disneyland (Attached to the French Market on the backside by the restrooms)
Eat or Skip: Try it
MB* (The line is always so long..MOBILE ORDER)

This is another Disney classic that I had never tried. It's really refreshing but I don't like drinking anything mint so I had two sips and had everyone else try it. Justin's mom really liked it! Definitely something to check off your Food Bucket List.


Docking Bay 7 Food And Cargo 




Smoked Kaadu Pork Ribs 

Price: $16.99
Location: Disneyland (Star Wars Land )
Eat or Skip: EAT

MB* (The line is always so long..MOBILE ORDER)

Omg. I really need to eat before I keep writing this...Remembering this meal makes me HUNGRY. Justin and I split these while we were waiting to get on Star wars... The combination of the ribs, slaw and blueberry muffin are SO GOOD. This is a yes! I wish we would have had more time to explore food in Star Wars land. But this was a hit. I'm so hungry.


Pizza Planet



Mega Pepperoni - Slice 

Price: $8.49
Location: Disneyland (Tomorrowland- right next to Space Mountain)
Eat or Skip: Skip...unless your kids like pizza 
Walk up & Grab

I love pizza. Anywhere, anytime. But there are SO MANY Disney food options, I'd pick something else before this. But like I said. I love pizza so you can't go wrong.

Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill




Street Taco Plate  

Price: $12.99
Location: California Adventure (Food Court on the Pacific Wharf by Pixar Pier)
Eat or Skip: Skip
*MB

Not bad. Just a little bland. There is better food close by.


Cozy Cone Motel 



Pretzel Bites   

Price: $5.79
Location: California Adventure (Cozy Cone Motel in Cars Land)
Eat or Skip: Skip


Just stick to Auntie Annes Lol!



Cheddar Garlic Bagel Twist   

Price: $5.29
Location: California Adventure (Cozy Cone Motel in Cars Land)
Eat or Skip: Give it a second chance


I read this from a food blog and was PUMPED to try it. We got the very last one of the night. Maybe it was old but it was noooooo good! I was so sad. But I am gonna give it one more try next time I go ;)

Jack Jack Num Num Cookie 




Price: $6.00
Location: California Adventure (Right next to Incredicoaster, at the start of the line)
Eat or Skip: EATTT!!!!!


RUN. Don't walk. So so so so good.


Char Siu Pork Bau (Pork Buns) 

  

Price: $5.79
Location: California Adventure (In the cart in front of The Little Mermaid)
Eat or Skip: OUR FAVORITE...EAT!
*MB

We couldn't stop eating these. They are special for the Lunar New Year, so they won't last forever.
Don't skip these. If you have no clue what they are, make this be something NEW you try!


Turkey Pesto Club


  

Price: $9.99
Location: California Adventure (On the Pacific Wharf)
Eat or Skip: Skip skip skip 
*MB

The bread was so hard and it was so boring.

Popcorn



Price: $4.99 for the basic & price varies for the souvenir buckets (not refillable)
Location: Disneyland & California Adventure in carts everywhere
Eat or Skip: EAT
*MB

We have one popcorn a day, it is just so good and the perfect snack. So great to eat in line. 


Turkey Leg 




Price: $9.99
Location: All over Disneyland & California Adventure
Eat or Skip: Eat 
Cart

It's a tradition...come on.






WOW! That is a lot of food.
Food at Disney is truly half the fun.
Set aside a budget for food & pick your favorite you can't miss!

And tell me in the comments what I need to get next time ;)
See you next class! #disneyschool

xo Kels





Don't miss Part One of Disney School Tips & tricks for Disneyland and California Adventure!
And Part Two of Disney School: How to get on the new Star Wars ride at Disneyland!
Plus Part Four of Disney School: Disneyland with Babies and Toddlers! 


Follow along for more about Disney, motherhood, relationships, friendships and giveaways at @kelsieishappy!


Coming soon...  
Babies at Disneyland / California Adventure 
Toddlers at Disneyland / California Adventure
What to wear to Disneyland / California Adventure 
Staying at the California Adventure Hotel 
Discounts at Disneyland / California Adventure 





11 comments :

  1. Have you had the cheese dog?! It is soooooo good. And I’m partial to the corn dog castle at California adventure. I also love the Matterhorn macaroon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got to Disneyland for the first time today! My friend said that the broccoli cheddar soup in a bread bowl is amazing! We are going to look for that tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clam chowder bread bowl. They Don't have it at Magic Kingdom :(, but they do at other parks in DW. We were SAD on Saturday.

    Does DL have "the grey stuff"? It's like a cokis and cream mouse, super good at DW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The French Dip is SO DANG GOOD. It's our favorite, along with the clam chowder in the bread bowl. With the kids though we usually end up at the burger place in Fantasyland--Pinocchio or something? My kids will eat chicken, so... And as for favorite treats, we love the dole whips AND I could easily eat a chocolate dipped frozen banana every time I go, SO boring, but so delicious as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always get the clam chowder and Dole Whip is a must too! I’m glad you have a few on the list that I’ll have to try when I’m there. I haven’t tried these but I heard they are so good. I’ll let you know if we try them!

    Fried Pickles at Carnation Cafe
    Monte Cristo at Blue Bayou Restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to stick with the good ol Disney churros! Pretty sure we spend hundreds of dollars on churros every time we go lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you had the fluffernutter churro this season? It is so dang good.

      Delete
  7. The chilaquiles at Lamplight Lounge are incredible. Skip the side of bacon that they try to get you to purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the chili con queso at the Cozy Cone! Pretzel cone with chili, cheese and Fritos chips! SO good! Less than $10, filling and you can sit down to eat or carry it with you! Yummy!!! Thanks for all your great tips!😘🏰

    ReplyDelete
  9. We’re going to Disneyland at the end of the month and I always love getting a Mickey pretzel and cheese! Can’t wait!!!! ��

    ReplyDelete
  10. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… ADVENTURE TRIPS

    ReplyDelete